Monday, July 30, 2012

Red Velvet cupcakes with a flower twist!

The second of my 2 cupcake recipes this month lead me to red velvet.  Why not?  It's only one of the most delicious cakes ever!

I wanted to do something different for summer, so I looked online for ideas.

My favorite flower is a daisy, and I came across a site that mentioned using marshmallows for petals.
I used skittles for the center :)

I tried it out, and it took a little getting used to.  Flatten a large marshmallow and cut into 3 strips.  In the end I found out that cleaning the scissors often helped (duh!)

I think they turned out cute, and I hope you do too.


Red Velvet Cupcakes and cream cheese frosting found here.

Side note, I've been taking the Wilton cake decorating classes at Michael's and I'm having so much fun.

Here is one of my pink lemonade cupcakes that I decorated into a rose and then ate half of ;)




-April

No comments:

Post a Comment