Monday, January 23, 2012

Make ahead meals, the recap!

As you may have read, I was ambitious yesterday.  I had a whole list of things I wanted to make ahead for the week.

I wasn't as successful as I wanted to be, but pretty successful none the less.


I made hamburger buns, and froze half of them.
I made pizza dough and froze it.
I made chicken for quesadillas.  I had so much of this I may use half in the enchiladas soon.
I made delicious BBQ sauce, half of which I froze.
I made and froze black bean burgers.
I made ranch dressing.
I made croutons :D
I also prepped the beef in the crock pot which was DELICIOUS!
During the course of the day I was snacking on some spinach artichoke dip (which I promise to blog about when I make it again.)


I took a couple of pictures of the BBQ sauce.  Everything else was pretty typical, so the pictures wouldn't have been as exciting.  This BBQ sauce is so beautiful and tasty!


It was so pretty simmering for hours...

Doesn't it look delicious?  The recipe made a bunch, and it's nice and thick!  
I promise to show you pictures of when I use it on chicken this week.

If anyone is interested in the recipes, I'll list them below.  
Thanks for reading about my first attempt at this.  I think I will have more fun (and time) next time around.

-April

Recipes (you will see most are from here because she's my food sister, I swear!):

For the croutons I just seasoned them with some herbs de provence, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment