Sunday, January 22, 2012

Make ahead meals, take 1

I have been reading a LOT of cooking blogs lately, and I have learned a lot of wonderful tips and recipes that have pretty much all been successes.  I promise that when I make them again, I'll post about it.

One thing that I have been wanting to try is make ahead meals.  Let's face it, I work a full time job, and when I get home I don't want to make a time consuming meal (I would rather make cupcakes, honestly!)

In order to get around this, I wanted to try to make a few meals on a weekend day and freeze them or have them ready in the fridge for sometime in the next couple of days.

Today is the day, I'm feeling ambitious and ready to go.  So, at the moment this is what I am going to attempt to cook today.  I know I'm posting at 6pm, but I've been working for a while now.

Here is the list:

Make hamburger buns (half to freeze)
Make ranch dressing
Prepare black bean burgers and regular burgers (to freeze)
Prep chicken for quesadillas
Make croutons (I LOVE doing this!)
Prep beef with pepperoncini for the Crock pot tomorrow (I have SO much pepperoncini)
Prep and freeze lasagne
Make and freeze pizza dough
Prep and freeze enchiladas

Let's just hope I can get through all of this tonight...



-April

No comments:

Post a Comment